My inky travels along life's rocky road

Monday 12 December 2011

Katzelkraft Christmas Challenge 7/3

Card 3 for week 7 asked us to make an embellishment using the faux leather technique. There is a method of stamping into funky foam but I used the masking tape method. Stick small strips of maskong tape onto a piece of card to cover it, colour with inks (I used tea dye & antique linen DI), sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat. After doing this I ran it through a CB cut & emboss set. I wanted the dove to float/fly so I stamped the paisley background from Katzelkraft contes et merveilles in Versafine crimson red and cut it out with a craft knife to make an aperture. I stuck the stamped background directly behind the aperture. I sponged Adirondack red pepper & meadow and Brilliance galaxy gold onto the front. Stamped 2 text stamps from Paula Pascual's joyful bubbles set and punched them out. I hung the dove with some sewing thread so that it swings freely. I finished with a couple of ornamental corners cut from some spare faux leather card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...