Saturday, 31 December 2016
Having completed all 26 letters for the Craft Barn Dictionary Challenge it was time to bind my pages together into a book. Note to self : if you're planning to do this again make sure you punch the binding holes BEFORE sticking lumpy bits on! Of course it was the pesky dragonfly and the shells that caused the biggest problem LOL! They just wouldn't fit in my Bind-It-All, so with a sharp blade and a stout heart (forgive me I've been listening to Jane Austen over the holidays) I set to work. The next problem was that my 1" wires were just a tad too small. Luckily I had a strip of 1&1/4" but (insert suitable swear word here) I needed 14 loops and I only had 13!!!!!! Which is why you see the arrangement in the pic above (actually it worked out quite well).
I printed an index for the inside front:
Each page was mounted onto black card to tie it all together:
I've thoroughly enjoyed this challenge and am pleased to have completed it so thanks to everyone at the Craft Barn. I look forward to seeing what next year brings!
Wednesday, 28 December 2016
At long last we reach the final letter in our year-long challenge on the Craft Barn Blog and the letter is P. I decided to pick Peacock as I had an unused Cuttlebug die that I had bought a while ago. I wanted a paisley pattern in the background so clear embossed an old Funstamps paisley before applying shaded lilac, seedless preserves and dusty concord. I then used some tiny Studio G paisley stamps to fill in some gaps. The peacock was cut from watercolour paper, rubbed with Versamark ink and brushed with green and blue Perfect Pearls. A spritz of water set the powder and gave a mottled effect. the peacock was embellished with some gems and I added some coordinating washi tape.
Now all that remains is to bring my pages together and bind them into a book.
Edited to add: You can see the completed project here.
Sunday, 25 December 2016
Saturday, 24 December 2016
I bought a set of 2 reindeer dies by Joy Crafts earlier in the year and used the larger deer (with antlers) to make this card. It enabled me to use some very old patterned paper (probably the first set I ever bought) which was a bonus. The background is embossed with Cuttlebug's snow embossing folder and the text is by Clearly Besotted. I used a small hole punch to make a red nose which I brushed with Wink of Stella to give a subtle shine.
Monday, 19 December 2016
As I tend to send a lot of Christmas cards to friends and family overseas this Crafty Individuals London skyline stamp is perfect. I stamped it on some patterned paper and heat embossed with WOW black sparkle embossing powder. I heat embossed the star on top of the tree in gold. The sentiment is part of a larger stamp that I masked off.
I made a variation of this card with a background of gelatos:
The sentiment is from a Paula Pascual set.
Sunday, 18 December 2016
My second ATC uses a very old corset stamp by Stampendous. I heat embossed it with WOW glitter embossing powder in magical mauve and then used Twinkling H2Os for the detail. The background is a scrap piece of card that I was trying some inks out on, by pure coincidence it picked up all the colours on the corset. I added some Glossy Accents for a little dimension.
Friday, 16 December 2016
Sunday, 11 December 2016
We have reached the penultimate letter in our year-long challenge on the Craft Barn blog and the letter is M (no prizes for guessing what the next letter will be). I initially thought of Mannequin but then thought that Model would be a better word. I used a couple of Dina Wakley stamps from the essential silhouettes set, paper piecing the dress on one of them with patterned paper. I stencilled a catwalk for the posing models and used another stencil with acrylic paint for the background. A Katzelkraft text stamp was added and a small circle stamp filled in some gaps. Not long to go until we reach the final post!