Sunday, 17 June 2012
June's tag on Tim Holtz's blog features a photo of this cute girl with a teddy which is available to download on his blog. I made the BG with picket fence distress stain, worn lipstick, milled lavender & frayed burlap DI. I randomly stamped TH photographic memoirs. The photo was tinted with fired brick and tea dye. Instead of ideology pieces I used metallic silver card. The rose is a memory box die with leaves punched & coloured with alcohol ink.
Saturday, 16 June 2012
Thursday, 14 June 2012
July's theme for the UK Stampers ATC swap set by Vonny is Roses. I used a very old Funstamps Glasgow nouveau stamp which features artwork by Charles Rennie Mackintosh. Each image was heat embossed and coloured in with Coloursoft pencils & Sansodor. I highlighted the roses with glossy accents and mounted them on yellow corrugated card. The base BG is an Inkadinkadoo inchie stamp.
Tuesday, 12 June 2012
This is the last Gothic Arch for a while so I thought I would make an effort to participate. I don't have many sewing type stamps so I resorted to a Gothic Arch version of my TH tag for April. The embossing folder on the dummy is called swirly whirly and the stand is the TH hanging sign die. I made the rosette out of a scrap of card and added the flower (a Craft Stamper freebie) behind.
Sunday, 10 June 2012
This week on the Less Is More blog we have to use a flourish on a one layer card. This is a very quick card. I used a Hot Off The Press template (Paper Flair Windows #1) to ink 3 windows with spiced marmalade, rusty cage & barn door DI and stamped a foam flourish (Do Crafts perhaps?) over the template in rusty cage. The text is by Hero Arts.
Saturday, 2 June 2012
This week's colour theme on the Less Is More blog is appropriately enough red, white & blue. Stampotique are sponsoring the challenges this month so my thoughts went to my single (but many more wished for) Stampotique stamp - Moongirl. Here she is channelling Geri Halliwell in a homage to our Queen Elizabeth. The text is a snippet from our national anthem cut into a fluttering banner. The zigzags are a new die that I've wanted for a while. I didn't have the right blue card so I stippled some Versafine majestic blue (very fitting) over a light blue card. I like the different texture it gives against the Bazzill red card. Moongirl's wings have a touch of iridescent medium to make them sparkle. Have a great long Bank Holiday weekend everyone!
I would also like to enter this in the Dies to Die For Challenge - anything goes with a die.