My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 9 December 2011

Katzelkraft Advent Calendar 2

For the 2nd day of advent we had to make a wrap for a candle. I had an unused (slightly wonky)  glittery candle that I'd bought ages ago. I used a Nellie Snellen ornate circle die, a Sizzix circle die, a circle punch and a scallop circle punch with Paula Pascual's joyful bubbles and large christmas sets to make the central piece. I mounted it on a strip of patterned paper from DCWV rose-tinted christmas set which I edged with some strips cut from the Tim Holtz vintage lace die. Because of the glitter on the candle it was impossible to glue the wrap to the candle so I used the holes in the lace diecut to pin some beads around to hold it in place.

I've never tried anything like this before but it was fun to do and the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...