My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 17 December 2011

Katzelkraft Advent Calendar 12

We had to make 2 Christmas/winter tags. I made a DI background with wild honey, spiced marmalade, rusty hinge & barn door and used a Katzelkraft stamp from the background plate with spiced marmalade. I added a Christmas tree. These trees are perfect if you are making Christmas cards in bulk. I think I read the idea on Glenda Waterworth's blog a few years ago. Cover a sheet of card with glue stick and stick down long torn strips of patterned paper across the sheet (I used papers from the 'tis the season set). When dry, measure and cut triangles from one end to the other (there is no wastage except perhaps the last piece). I then wrapped ribbon around each triangle and added a gold star. The text is from funstamps stamped in Impress emerald. Some ribbon finished off the tag.
The next tag uses a similar background in DI tumbled glass, broken china, stormy sky & faded jeans with a stamp from the Katzelkraft adore plate in stormy sky. The die cut letters are from Tim Holtz vintage market. The snowman is funstamps scribble snowman coloured with watercolour pencils. The moon is a 1 inch punch and the trees are from a grab bag.
Things are getting very hectic here in the run-up to Christmas and I am wondering if I will get this challenge finished. I would ideally like to achieve both the card and the advent calendar challenges but let's see - sometimes life gets in the way and at the moment there is a lot of life getting in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...