My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 3 December 2014

KTZ Christmas Challenge - S6 C2





This card had to have a transparent element on it. I could have used acetate but I thought I would use some transparent shrink plastic for a change. I painted a night sky with a little ultramarine Brusho. It's amazing how highly pigmented this stuff is - you only need the tiniest amount and if you should happen to drop a few crystals anywhere, you'll know about it as soon as the area gets damp! While it was wet I sprinkled on some white Brusho but it didn't really give me the effect I wanted. When dry I used a silver Krylon pen to blow some splatters over the sky. I have one of those puffy attachments to create splatters but I find that blowing close to the nib produces better results for me (make sure you don't get too close or you will give your lips a makeover, been there, done that...). I added some Memory Box diecuts and cut some Cuttlebug stars with shrink plastic. After shrinking I stuck them into the sky but of course whatever adhesive I used (I used glue dots) was visible. I got around this by sticking some tiny punched stars over the offending blobs.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas card, beautifully intense blue!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...