My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 18 October 2012

Tim Holtz Tag - October


I have to own up that I am NOT a fan of Halloween. I suppose if I lived in The States I would have grown up with it as a festive occasion but here in the UK, except for a few small areas where it has been traditional to celebrate it, I feel it's an occasion manufactured by stores in order to sell pumpkin shaped lollipops, witches hats and other ghoul related stuff. Halloween is definitely my bah humbug moment and I wasn't looking forward to this month's tag but I have to say I enjoyed making it and I'm happy with the end result.
For this month's Tim Holtz tag I used a crumpled book page and stuck it down with creases as instructed. Not having the correct dabbers I used Stazon in pumpkin and imperial purple DTP and then sponged extra colour to fill in any gaps. I thought the Sizzix embossing folder cracked would give a good approximation of a spider's web and highlighted that with Memento London fog and a good spritz of gold spray.  The skeleton and the 'boo' are 2 picks that I think I saved from some cupcakes a few years ago. The calendar and text were computer generated and coloured with spiced marmalade and brushed corduroy DI. I edged the calendar with black Stickles and added an eyelet and some co-ordinating ribbons. I'm really pleased with the texture and the look of this background.

6 comments:

  1. I love all the Halloween art (and fab stamps) that is around but not a fan of the actual day. Your tag is super - I love the polite skeleton :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan too, but in the end it's a funny theme, and always a challenge.

    Nice and fun calendar tag!

    Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftbarn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really funny and nice tag !! Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about Halloween even I think it looks pretty cool the way they are doing it overthere. Cool tag. I especially love the background with text, texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to try out some of the techniques with what you have on hand, glad you had fun despite reservations about Halloween (I carve a pumpkin but that's it!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background does work so well and I like how you save things just in case they might come in useful. I think we all have drawers full of that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...