My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 28 October 2012

Calendar Challenge Week 5


This week's challenge on the Craft Barn blog is to use some tape - either homemade or ready made. I used some decorative tape to make a ruffled flower according to some instructions from Tim Holtz. I stamped the stem from Hampton Arts watercolour daisy and coloured it with coloursoft pencils and Sansodor. The background flower stamp is by Prima stamped with Versafine crimson red and Stazon mustard. I used washi tape on the corners and across the page.
Edited to add - well I woke up this morning saw this and wasn't happy at all with it. I just think it looks a mess and so I've deleted it from the Craft Barn blog and am in the process of tweaking it. Sorry if you've already commented on it. Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. Great use of the tape for the flowers - so clever! The background stamping is so pretty too. Perfect for the theme.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ruffle flower detail looks great, love the page and the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely page and and great use of tape for the flower ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful page !! And the way you use washi tape is very clever ! Have a fab week, coco xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...