My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Katzelkraft Card of the Week


This week's challenge was 3 words  - circle, sewing and wood with an added requirement of splatters. Although I started my cardmaking journey making cross stitch cards I am reluctant to pick up a needle and shy away from any sewing challenges but I decided to give it a go. The main image is by Katzelkraft from the winter plate which I got in a Craft Barn goody box (they don't call them goody for nothing!). It fulfilled the wood challenge and cutting it with my framelit die gave me a circle. I coloured the image with coloursoft pencils and Sansodor and added some glamour dust for snow. The paper is from DCWV Retro Prints (the first paper stack I ever bought). I used a HOTP template called Easy Stitches to help pierce some holes and then threaded some embroidery thread through. The splatters are a small Prima stamp I picked up at ally pally called firefly although Katzelkraft does a great splatter stamp that has been on my wish list for a while. I can see this little robin making an appearance on several Christmas cards this year.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, love the robin image and the splatters in the background. The Katzelkraft splatter stamp is on my wish list too :)
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...