My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 19 November 2014

KTZ Christmas Challenge - S5 C3


This card had to use a false watercolour technique. There wasn't a specific technique mentioned so I decided to use 2 different techniques. I thought I'd have a break from Christmas cards and decided to use this KTZ stamp from the physalis set. I used 3 Whispers pens to colour in the flowers and stem, spritzed it with water and stamped it on cardstock. The matting is with Spellbinders labels 4 dies. The background uses watercolour paper. I smeared wild honey, spiced marmalade and peeled paint DIs on a plastic sheet , spritzed it with water and gold shimmer spray and picked up the ink with the watercolour paper. The 'crackle effect' is actually a tree stamp from the KTZ winter sheet (if you look in the bottom left hand corner you can see one of the thicker branches).

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely card, just love the background you created with a tree stamp. Love the physalis image. I remember growing Physalis one year, didn't particularly like the fruit but the seed cases made great floral arrangements!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...