My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 20 November 2014

KTZ Christmas Challenge S5 C1


Not too sure about this one - isn't it strange how sometimes the simplest challenges can prove to be the most difficult? This card had to have some lace on it - not a big ask I know but for some reason I agonised over it for ages and I'm not entirely happy with the end result. I did toy with the idea of using a lace die to cut some paper lace but I didn't think that would be in the spirit of the challenge and it wasn't as if I didn't have any lace. Having ironed out my crumpled strip of lace, I fiddled about with it endlessly but came up with nothing. Then I decided to have a sort out of my desk which is a TOTAL mess at the moment. This card is mostly made up of bits that I found while tidying up (not that it looks any tidier as I type this). The card blank was a failed Brusho play. The green bracket shaped die cut was leftover from this project. I think the red die cut and strip of card were waste from this card last year ( I am blushing with shame now). The Crafty Individuals angel image is from a free selection in a now defunct stamping magazine. The mesh stamp is a KTZ image stamped in Impress emerald and the sentiment is from a Paula Pascual set. The chevrons are from a MME paper pad. That's it really - I'm surprised I've managed to keep up to date so far with the challenge this year - I'm expecting a few googlies to be thrown in as we draw closer to Christmas so watch this space...

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a very cool and different Christmas card and I really like all the elements together! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting card, I actually like this one and all the elements you have incorporated. x

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...