My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Finally...

I am back and hopefully able to resume blogging. I have missed taking part in challenges and swaps. My room is still not completely set up the way I want it but I'm getting there. Packing and unpacking all my crafting supplies has unearthed many long-forgotten items which I am determined to use - I have enough card blanks and aperture cards in various sizes and colours to keep me going for a lifetime. If you see any cards with coloured bases (which you will in the coming months) you will know that I am still on my mission to use rather than store them.
I have been trying to use old stamped images that I've found, random backgrounds and of course pre-folded card blanks. I even found a German 3D decoupage magazine from 2010 which I have started to cut and use.
The house refurbishment process which has taken so long was not something we planned to do but having had to do it after the water damage in October 2016 has been a big life lesson for me and not just for craft supplies. I've realised how little you do in fact need and the rest is just want. I also realised that I own so many beautiful things that I was saving for a 'special' day but I never knew when that day was going to come. I am making a big effort to use and enjoy all those things whether it's a beautiful piece of paper, an item of clothing or a gorgeous carved box - my new mantra is 'If not now, when?'
I have been having problems with my computer which decided to have a hissy fit at being moved around during the refurb. and then refused to talk to the printer but I think we are all on speaking terms again.
My son complained that my pile of cards was too girly and he needed some cards that were not exactly macho but a little less flowery.


This card uses a midnight blue square blank (only another 24 to use!) The squares have been cut with a new (cough, cough I haven't been a total saint) perforated square die set from The Works. The patterned paper is from an ancient pad of oriental patterns and the sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set that I received when I went on a workshop.
Sorry for the wordy post but it's  been too long and I've missed blogging. I will be more succinct next time.
 

1 comment:

  1. So nice to have you back in the blogging world Scrapmate and so very sorry that the house refurb has taken far too long to get sorted. It must have been exceedingly stressful and frustrating for you and your husband.
    Wonderful that you are able to get at your craft things again and make something even though it is a less girly card for your son! Tell him to take up crafting then he can make cards more suitable:) I love this card especially the colour combination of blues.
    I find more masculine cards very difficult to create - don't know why!
    When we moved house I found lots of beautiful things we were keeping to use some day; quite mad really. If it is beautiful then use it now and enjoy it! X

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...