My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 10 April 2018

A Coaster


Continuing with my attempts to settle into my new room I decided I needed a pretty coaster for my desk. I had an old freebie cardboard coaster tucked away that was one of those things that get sent by charities and decided this would be a suitable base. I used my Distress Oxides - I only had 4 at the time - wilted violet, twisted citron, spiced marmalade and broken china. Thanks to a trip to Ally Pally on Sunday I now have 3 more  ;) . I used a blending tool to rub some of each colour onto a scrap of green marbled paper and then spritzed with water . When dry I used one of my Stamps by Me sets with my Stamp Buddy, Stazon black and picked raspberry DI. Having chosen the part I wanted on the coaster I cut it out and rounded the corners.

 
I'm waiting for some matt spray varnish to arrive to seal the surface before I stick a piece of spongy carpet underlay underneath and use it on my desk with my beverage of choice.
 

3 comments:

  1. A lovely colourful coaster Scrapmate and just perfect for your new craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is beautiful! Love the gorgeous colours and the stamp is fab. I have to make one for my husband, he asked me a while ago but I haven't got round to it yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! Looks like a small painting.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...