My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 13 April 2018

A Notepad (or two)


Continuing with pimping up my office, I had a couple of sample swatches for curtains that were too pretty to throw out. I eventually went for venetian blinds as curtains would have not suited my purpose but I decided to incorporate one of the swatches by making a small holder for tiny Post-it notes. These are 2" x 11/2" and the fabric sample was the perfect size. There are several demos on You Tube but basically I cut some stiff card (the back of a notepad) to the exact size twice and then a strip 2" by the depth of a full pad of notes (@ 1/2"). I glued these down onto the fabric with the thin piece between the other two making sure that I left a gap of about 1/4" either side of the thin piece. Having folded the excess in and stuck it down I concealed all the ends with a contrasting piece of card to fit. While the glue was still wet I creased either side of the thin piece to make the spine. After that it was simply a matter of attaching the Post-it note pad to the bottom with a thin strip of DST.
Having made that I wanted an open pad for larger notes. I covered a piece of scrap mountboard with some very old K&Co Brenda Walton paper and added the sticky letters (they were pink but I coloured over them with marker pens). I customised the bulldog clip with a scrap of matching paper and then decided to do the same to the pen which stands very neatly in the hole of the clip. I am loving making little things for my desk and using up bits and pieces too!
Edited to add: I made a couple of other mini holders with some more roller blind and curtain swatches.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...