My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Still here (just about)...


It's been a long time since I last posted on here. All my craft things have been packed away for some time now while my room is being redecorated but things have been delayed and it will be a few more weeks before I'm able to move back in and unpack. I didn't leave anything out because I never thought it would take so long but last week I went to a craft show and realised how much I am missing my stamps and ink.
Whilst at the show I saw a new (to me) range of stamps by a UK company called Stamps by Me. I believe they sell their stamps on one of the craft channels but as I don't watch these channels I hadn't seen these stamps before. If you like flower stamps and especially a sketchy, watercolour effect you will love these stamps. I managed to liberate a few supplies when I got home and made this quick card.


Sorry the light is really bad here and my scanner has been switched off but it gives you an idea of the set which is a 2 step layering one. The only inks I could access were my old Adirondacks so this has been stamped in pitch black and cranberry. The stamps are photopolymer but I couldn't find my acrylic blocks so I inked and stamped them without a block (I found my Cuttlebug plate but it is so scratched and warped that the stamp wouldn't stick on it!) I finished it with a simple sentiment that was a magazine freebie.
I'm itching to get some better inks out to try these stamps with but sadly I'm going to have to wait for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Oh these stamps are lovely - and I've never heard of them as I steer well clear of Crafting TV - it makes you spend too much! But now I might have to go check them out as your card is really nice!
    Hoping you are soon back to full inkiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Their website doesn't really do justice to the stamps. I think the layering ones are called 'lamination stamps'. The samples they brought to the show were beautiful. They are a husband and wife team from Yorkshire. I had to give myself a good talking to stop myself from buying the poppy set but I also got a tulip set which is equally fab.

      Delete
  2. I really do feel for you not having your easy access to your inks and stamps, do hope for your sanity's sake it doesn't take too long! I hadn't heard of this stamp company but love the look of the card you made. You must have an iron control over your willpower to stop yourself from buying the poppy stamps :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...