My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 19 October 2014

KTZ Challenge S1 C2


This recipe was for a quick card using 1 piece of paper, 1 stamp and 1 message. Recently I had watched a video of a demo of Yupo paper which is a synthetic paper and alcohol inks. I had some card from a brochure hanging around on my desk and decided to try the same technique of dropping a line of ink across a page and building up stripes which merge together at the edges. Of course the ink just soaked through without really merging because I was using a porous card but I liked the effect. I tried to dab a little blending solution over but that didn't really work and created the small splattered effect you can see. I overstamped with a KTZ image which comes with text. Because the Versafine ink reacts with the alcohol inks it gives a blotchy image but I think this added to the snowy effect.  I have wanted this stamp for a while - it is such a lovely image that can be stamped over any background. I mounted it on a lilac/grey card blank. This card took about 15 minutes to make  - I think I spent the bulk of the time choosing the alcohol ink colours!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that it is a lovely image and it looks great against this colourful background. I had heard of Yupo paper before but without knowing what it actually was or what is special about it.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...