My inky travels along life's rocky road

Monday 11 November 2013

Katzelkraft S4/DT


The DT challenge for week 4 is inspired by DT member Gwen Scrap's recent card on the Katzelkraft blog.

We had to heat emboss with a mask, heat emboss with a stamp in another colour, put some splatters and use some decorative tape on the card.
The card above is my third attempt and I'm not entirely happy with it but in a weekly challenge of this type you can't spend ages on 1 card - you just have to move on or you get behind. My main problem was embossing through a mask - I couldn't get my ink to stay wet long enough so finally I went for a partial distressed  embossed look (that's my story & I'm sticking to it!) The snowman is a punched shape embossed with holographic powder (the stamp is by Paper Artsy). The splatters are barn door and mowed lawn DIs brayered over the card. The mask is coloured with Adirondack pigment ink in watermelon and embossed with clear powder. The decorative tape was stamped in black and clear embossed.

1 comment:

  1. Chapeau for persevering Rukhshana :) Unless the ink was especially juicy then I can see that embossing through a mask would be difficult, first it isn't a huge amount of ink and by the time you have inked enough of the stencil then the ink would be drying before getting the ep onto it! Considering your problems you have made a most acceptable card :) Love the brayered lines.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...