Sunday, 10 November 2013
After the previous all-black card I was in need of some colour but I wasn't planning for it to end up quite so colourful! The challenge was to use one or more feathers and I immediately thought of those feather wreaths that were so popular a few Christmases ago. One of the great thing about these challenges is it encourages you to use stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for a long time. This was the case with a bag of rust coloured feathers I had bought for something or other several years ago. I cut out a doughnut shape with 2 framelits circle dies to use as a base and then stuck some feathers on (not as easy as I thought). My desk still has bits of feather to go with the bits of black glitter that I haven't cleaned off yet. I decide to decorate the wreath with some ribbon and found a teal bow that I had made sometime ago. If I end up with a reasonable sized offcut of ribbon after trimming it from another project I tend to tie it into a small bow for future use. Even quite small pieces that can't be tied into a traditional bow can be knotted like the black ribbon in my previous post. So having tried various coloured bows I found the teal really stood out against the rust and I added tiny matching gems. I used alcohol inks (stream, sailboat blue, cloudy blue, rust, terracotta and peach bellini) with blending solution to create a coordinating BG. I added some gold heat embossed snowflakes and a greeting but TBH they don't really show up that well.