My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 22 September 2017

Love at First Sight!


Last weekend I was at Alexander Palace for the craft show that takes place twice a year. It was much quieter than previous years and I went more for a look around rather than a big spending spree. I needed some basics like DST and Zig glue. What wasn't on my list was another poppy stamp but look at it and tell me if you would have been able to resist it. It's by a French company called Carabelle and this was the first time they had exhibited at the show although some of their products are stocked over here by the Craft Barn. I did walk away from it once telling myself that I didn't need another poppy stamp to add to my collection but, but, but... (sigh!).
I wanted to have a quick play with it and decided to use softer colours rather than the usual reds so I stamped it with Versafine smokey gray. I used my alcohol markers and then broken china DI for a sketchy watercolour background. The panel was mounted onto a card blank and I used a pink marker to give the impression of a matted layer. A punched sentiment by Paula Pascual finished it off.
I'm looking forward to trying other colour schemes with this beautiful stamp.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have been able to resist that beautiful stamp either and your card is gorgeous! I love the colours you used. A real beauty! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...