My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 23 December 2012

Katzelkraft Challenge - the final card S5/C3


You know how sometimes you have to do something, you know you have to but you keep putting it off? Well this card has been my nemesis. I find the colour challenges really hard unless I can immediately think of something to do. This has been preying on my mind for a few weeks but last night I decided I couldn't leave it any longer. I usually try and match up the given colours to ink pads I have but I was stumped with the salmon/coral colour in the centre (see below) and couldn't think how to use all the colours on a card. I decided to use this Papermania stamp from a few years ago, stamping it in Brilliance starlite black and colouring with Colousoft pencils and Sansodor. I still couldn't quite match the salmon colour - the pinky orange bauble (2nd from the left) was the closest I could get to it but I'm pleased that I finally managed to tackle this. So I say 'au revoir' to this year's Katzelkraft challenge, I've enjoyed it even more than last year, it's made me think outside my comfort zone and I've reacquainted myself with some warm and friendly people on the forum.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...