My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 23 November 2011

The last ATC!

This is the last ATC swap for my ATC group. The theme is 'Baby it's cold outside'. This is one of those pieces of work that has a lot more in it than you can see. I had to do a background using the salt technique for one of the Katzelkraft challenges so I did a whole sheet of A4 card so that I could use some for these ATCs. First I clear embossed some snowflakes and then did a wash of DI broken china over the whole sheet. Next I spritzed some water over, sprinkled rock salt and spritzed some more water over.When dry I brushed the salt off. I could see places where the salt had absorbed some of the colour but overall I wasn't too thrilled with the result. Perhaps a darker coloured wash would have been better? I added some more snowflakes in DI tumbled glass and tore some scraps of card to make the ground which I highlighted with glamour dust (you've got to have a bit of sparkle!). I punched out the snowman and used a stamp positioner to add the text on his scarf. This is a tool I bought this summer and although I was a bit sceptical at first about how useful it would be I have to say I have found it invaluable. You don't have to buy one (I got mine for half price so it was a good buy) - the internet has instructions on how to make one out of duplo pieces and once you understand the principle you could adapt many things. So it's au revoir to my ATC friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...