My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 31 January 2021

A Special Card

Usually I'm all about simple cards - much as I like seeing them I'm not really into making technically fiddly cards. However with things the way they are at the moment I've been occupying myself with things I have that I had previously put aside as being 'too fiddly'. The Altenew layering stamp that I used in a previous post was one thing and the Card in a Box was another. 

I bought a Pop-up Die set by Stampendous a couple of years ago in a sale. There were co-ordinating stamp sets which were not available at the time but I thought the dies might come in handy one day. That day finally arrived! I was trawling through Pinterest searching for something when I found instructions for using the die set. I dug the set out and had a play - I have a friend's birthday coming up so made it with that in mind.

The front is very CAS as you can see above. Inside is...


The instructions were very clear and now I've made it once I have a better idea of how the pop-up mechanism works. The edging die I used to cut the fancy top and bottom was included in the set as was a set of small nesting ovals and labels which I've used for the sentiment at the top and I have another in cream card to stick on the bottom half for us to sign. The patterned paper is from DCWV Serenity Stack. 


I used a Sizzix set called Garden Florals for the jar and the flowers which I coloured in with alcohol markers. The orange flowers were made with a punch. I'm not the greatest flower arranger but I'm happy with the way it looks (yes I realise that if it was a proper glass jar the stalks would show through but let's pretend it's a white opaque jar). You can see the dimension more clearly below:


The beauty of it is if the flowers are attached correctly it all folds flat to fit in an envelope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...