My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 12 January 2021

Alcohol Ink Flower


 I've been playing with alcohol inks and my yupo-type file dividers again. I used stream, sailboat blue, cloudy blue and meadow with some silver and pearl mixatives. I blew the inks around with a straw which I found was a lot easier than the squeezy bubble thing I had used before. I trimmed the piece down and matted it onto some white card. The flower die cut is an Amazon purchase and I added a simple Winnie and Walter sentiment. The card base is pearlescent green.

2 comments:

  1. Love this one.👍🏻🙋🏼‍♀️ Never used alcohol inks for a backgrounder. Love the blues.👌🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased with the mix of colours. I'm enjoying using alcohol inks on this Yupo-type base - it enables you to move the inks around much more easily. I did try using my heat gun as I've seen on online demos but sadly it just buckled and ruined another piece I did in warm colours.

      Delete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...