My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 24 January 2021

Altenew Beautiful Day Revisited


January is usually a great month for relaxed crafting after the rush and pressure of Christmas card making and at the moment keeping occupied is an essential. I bought this Altenew beautiful day stamp set shortly after it first came out and have had a few goes with it but I never seemed to match the layers up successfully. The Altenew website has lots of handy hints and so I decided to try again.

 This time around I had the benefit of my stamping platform which made things a whole lot easier and I used an A5 sheet of card which enabled me to stamp a flower in each corner and a pair of leaves in the middle. The colours I used were (from the first layer up) Impress cupid pink, Impress old rose and Versafine habanero with Versafine onyx black for the outline. The leaves were Versafine spanish moss and olympia green.

There is a die set to match but I don't have it so I cut all the pieces out and edged them with crackling campfire DO and Versafine spanish moss to hide any white bits. 

This is the first card I made using a piece of blue inked card I found in my scrap pile. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder called diamond in the rough after spritzing the card with water. This is a really good tip for improving the depth of the embossing without causing the card fibres to crack. I gently ran a blending sponge with faded denim DI over the raised parts to highlight them. I used enamel accents in black to highlight the stamens and added a Crafter's Companion die cut sentiment.

If you are having problems lining up your Altenew layering stamps I would recommend having a look at their website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...