My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 31 December 2020

A Card in a Box

 I was lucky to place an order in Sizzix's recent pre-Christmas sale. I managed to order 6 items - there were others I wanted but the website was playing up and kept doubling up my order and was taking ages to load anything. I was very surprised but delighted when my order arrived just a few days later before Christmas. I didn't realise that the 80% sale would only be on for a short time so when I looked at the website again I found that most of the items I'd ordered were out of stock and the ones still in stock were at a higher price albeit still reduced.The Christmas Card in a Box #663603 is an example - I got it for £4 but it's now reduced to £10. Receiving it earlier than expected I was able to play with it on Boxing Day to make this anniversary card for my husband.

There are no instructions with it and the online video is very short so it took me a while to figure out how to put this together. Although it's called a Christmas box the majority of elements can be used for any occasion - the ones I didn't use were the snowflake and the deer. There are still bits I don't understand like why the main structure of the box has scorelines which I didn't need and why the inserts have small notches on them but I'm very pleased with how this has turned out. I used some heavy-duty cream hammered card for the box and some patterned paper to decorate. The flowers were all cut from scraps and offcuts. I added a small sentiment banner stamped with a Bright Rosa set.




It even folds down (sort of) to fit in an envelope!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...