My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 12 December 2020

Inlaid Butterfly Die Cut


 I was flicking through the channels on TV the other day whilst exercising when I caught the end of a demo on one of the craft channels. The technique created an inlaid shape in a die cut aperture. It looked interesting so I thought I would give it a go. I used the partial die cutting technique and a circle die to cut an incomplete circle. I then used a butterfly die over part of the uncut bit of the circle and then stamped over it with the matching stamp.The butterfly is actually part of the card base and the circle is a partial aperture. It's a lot easier to do than describe! After the butterfly die has been cut it just needs a couple of  snips to release the negative from the circle revealing the butterfly wings. It's a useful technique that can be used with any shaped aperture and any other die with a strong outline but it helps if the latter has a matching stamp. In this instance I used a Dare 2 B Artzy stamp and die set.  I cut this on an A6 sized card, covered the back with foam tape and added some patterned paper (DCWV Tie Dye Stack).That was added to a white card blank. The sentiment is from an old sticker set and the corners were another sticker set.I heat embossed the butterfly, coloured it with Tri-blend alcohol markers and added some gems.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...