My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Monthly Challenge - December



This month the letter is:    

                       C for Christmas

I completely forgot about the colour options which are Crimson, Cobalt and Copper.

It took a while for this to come together but I'm pleased at the way it did. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to depict on the theme of Christmas - I have lots of Christmas tree, bauble, holly and present stamps but I didn't want to use any of them. Then I remembered a nativity die set that was a freebie with a magazine and I found a Hobbycraft stamp set of the 3 Kings. The background was made with blended stormy sky, blueprint sketch and dusty concord DIs. I then splattered some silver acrylic paint for a starry sky.The nativity set included the shepherd, star and palm trees (there was also a camel but I didn't need that). I die cut all the parts I needed from black paper and the star from glitter card. I stamped the 3 Kings with my stamping platform and Versafine onyx black. The hills are from a Sizzix build a landscape set, I highlighted the curves with a Wink of Stella pen. The sentiment is a stamp I had made a long time ago.

                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...