My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 23 December 2020

A Little Celebration


 

Although I'm not in a very celebratory mood at the moment I'm sure the time will come when this card will be just right. I recently ordered some pearl and silver alcohol ink mixatives (I already have gold) from Countryview Crafts and wanted to try them out. I used my plastic file divider sheets that I've written about previously. I think they're like Yupo paper although I've never seen Yupo IRL but these seem to do the same job. I used slate, eggplant and various blues - stonewashed, sailboat blue, cloudy blue along with both mixatives. I can't really see the effect of the pearl and the silver is quite opaque so I will have to watch a demo and see if I was doing anything wrong. However I was pleased with the result and used some on this card. The base is Bazzill Gemstone cardstock in a faded denim. I matted the inked piece with white card and diecut some flowers from a recent eBay (or it may have been Amazon) purchase. The sentiment is from a Dovecraft set of useful sentiments stamped with Versafine majestic blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...