My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 2 August 2020

Monthly Challenge - July




I'm a bit late with last month's alphabet challenge but the letter was that awkward one -

                                                                     X for Xenophile

The only colour available was Xanthic which is a bright yellow like mustard seed DI.
A Xenophile is the opposite of a Xenophobe so the theme was to depict an aspect of a country you love that is not your own.
One of the reasons I was so late was I couldn't decide which country to choose. I finally opted to use my Sizzix/Tim Holtz destination die because I love to travel. I adore visiting places with different cultures, sampling different foods, meeting different people and trying to learn a few words of a different language and at this moment in time I would gladly visit anywhere if I could.
I decided to get my Brushos out and made a background of violet, yellow, gamboge and scarlet. After cutting it I overstamped with a Paper Artsy text stamp and Versafine smokey grey. I used turquoise and white Brushos mixed with water to paint the base of the postcard and added some random stamps. A scrap of card was coloured with Impress cerulean blue and I die cut explore, adventure and discover from the Sizzix/Tim Holtz adventure words set for the background. The main words in white are from the same set. I added some photo corners punched from some of the waste card

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...