My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 9 August 2020

Die Cut Letters


 A few posts back I mentioned using papers that had gone wrong by die cutting letters. You can see the post here . I was playing with some Brushos, took the sprinkling and spritzing too far and ended up with this mess:

I decided to use it to try out a new die that had just arrived and if it was still a disaster it could then go in the bin. This was the result:


I diecut the words with the new die and stuck them to a piece of scrap card which I die cut with Tim Holtz's ornamental die. The little starburst shapes are a punch and I edged the die with Impress emerald ink. I outlined the lettering with a fine pen and mounted this onto an embossed piece of card that I had done for another project but not used. I could have stuck all this onto a plain white card blank but I decided it would tie everything together better if I had a small frame in green around the edge.This was achieved by using a blending sponge to add some Impress emerald . Few few pearl gems finished off the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...