My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 13 August 2020

Monthly Challenge - August


 

I'm definitely in a cute frame of mind with this month's monthly challenge. The letter is

                                                             S for Summer

The colour options are scarlet, salmon and sepia.

I had a completely different idea for this - more vintage using a Crafty Individuals stamp with beach huts but I realised I'd not used this Sizzix/My Life Handmade die set called Great Outdoors. I've been reading a lot in the Press about staycations and camping and the caravan die in this set came to mind. All the die cuts came from this set including the 'hello' sentiment.

I watercoloured some stripes onto watercolour paper and then added the die cuts made mostly from scraps on my desk. I coloured the hearts and other bits with alcohol markers. The 'summer' text was stamped with some old peg alpha stamps onto patterned paper and then punched out with a small circle punch. I added Glossy Accents onto the letters for a little dimension. The windows and the hearts were given a coat of Wink of Stella for a little shimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...