My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 25 July 2020

Mini-Album of Random Stuff


I am not the tidiest of people - I hate throwing things out knowing that as soon as it's gone I will think of something amazing to do with it (never happens LOL!). With all the cardmaking that's been going on recently my desk has amassed quite a pile of half cut sheets of paper, unused diecuts etc etc. I decided to try and use the bits and make a mini-album of random things. I have a Sizzix die set that cuts 3" x 4" cards for pocket journalling so I thought this would be a good size to play around with. My aim is to use what I have and make a page or two whenever I feel like it. I haven't decorated the front yet or made a title but the covers are done and I  have cut some pages. The die set I used for the album is the Sizzix essential mini album by Lori Whitlock.
Here is the front cover:


This is the inside of the cover and first page:






The covers are made from the waste backing of a notepad and the patterned paper is cut from a Crafty Individuals 6 x 6 paper pad. Unfortunately it was a tiny bit short so I used a coordinating washi tape to fill the gap. The pages are cut from an old Papermania 12 x 12 set called A Hint of Pink. I remember how disappointed I was when I got it - the outside pic showed deep black papers but the actual papers were almost brown. They have barely been used so I thought this was a good opportunity to use some of them.
I've just held the album together with book rings for now but I may give it another binding later. I'm not in any rush to finish it and will add to it as and when I feel like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...