My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 1 December 2021

Baby Talk


 As a break from Christmas Cards (I'll be blogging them soon) I had to make a new baby card for friends. This gave me the perfect excuse to purchase a Gemini Peek-a-boo stamp and die set. This set cuts the word and the elephant head shape out of a card blank. The stamps include the elephant head, a rear view of the whole elephant and some baby-related sentiments. It can be used on its own but also works with another Gemini die set called Window Arches. Luckily there was a good Black Friday bundle deal for the Window Arches dies and 2 other Peek-a-boo sets (Giraffe & Bear) which I took advantage of.

It took me a while to figure out what to do but there is a good tutorial explaining different ways of using the sets which I found later. I wanted to colour the elephant with alcohol markers but they tend to bleed through the card. I worked around this by cutting the head shape out and then stamping, colouring and cutting out the head and body on spare card so that the bleed through could be hidden.

The pic below gives a better idea of the aperture and the shapes (excuse the shadows).



I forgot to take a pic of the inside but here's the inside of the first card I made without the arch which shows the rear of the elephant.


As we now know the name of the baby I added that using Memory Box Parker dies and silver embossed one of the sentiments that came with the set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...