My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 29 May 2021

Shadow Alphabet

 


There are a lot of shadow sentiment dies around at the moment and after looking at a few I decided to buy a shadow alphabet set of dies. I thought they would come in 2 parts - letter and shadow - but it proved difficult to separate the 2. It's not really a problem as it means you get 2 sets of the die cut word at the same time.

I made 2 quick cards with the letters. The first is a mini slimline card (6.5" x 3.5") for which I used the waste from the die cut. I used a flower stencil and my new blending brushes (I'm loving these) with fossilized amber, crackling campfire and spiced marmalade DO's for the background. I could have just used the waste and floated the black letters in the shadow space but I decided to inlay the shadow and the black letters.

The second card uses the flower stencilled letters and the black shadow. I used the same DO colours with a diamond stencil for the background and mounted it on a white A6 card blank to which I added a border of crackling campfire DO. The flower die cut is from a Tim Holtz wildflower set that was lying on my desk.

Now I have to think up some suitable words for the front of cards...


2 comments:

  1. Ooh both of your cards are gorgeous! I love the colours and the dies are so cool! Think I must add shadow sentiment dies to my wish list! Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! Have a look on eBay - they were a very good price.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...