My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Monthly Challenge - April


 For the penultimate month of the monthly challenge the theme is:

                                                         Y for Yesterday

The colour option is yellow.

I struggled with this one and I'm not sure I hit the brief but I was going for a vintage/ancestors vibe. I started off with a piece of card sprayed with Glimmer Mist in peach. I don't know if anyone remembers but Glimmer Mists were one of the early shimmer sprays on the market. They were notorious for clogging nozzles and I have 3 or 4 of these sprays (I think I won them in a competition) which have barely been used despite repeated efforts to clear the nozzles. I was about to recycle an empty bottle of blow-dry spray when I thought I would see if the Glimmer Mist would work in it. It worked so now you will find peach Glimmer Mist on many projects and I am waiting to decant another colour in another empty spray bottle.

Anyway back to the above project on which I then used a TH clocks stencil with mustard seed DI. I edged the top and bottom with brushed corduroy DI and stamped the text from Paper Artsy Ancestors plate 3. The 2 images are from the same set and I used a new rectangle die set to cut them out. The male image didn't have a defined frame so I cut a rectangular frame and coloured it in black. The shield which is raised on foam tape is the waste from the stamped images and the mopping up of excess brushed corduroy DI on my craft sheet which I used to watercolour the image backgrounds. The die is from a Sizzix set and I added some mustard seed DI and edged it in black.

The flower spray is a die cut I had on my desk (I think it's one of the TH wildflowers). I coloured it with alcohol markers and added glossy accents to the flowers.

Next month is the last letter in our challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...