My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 17 January 2021

Poppy Sympathy


 Sadly I needed a sympathy card so dug out my Clearly Besotted brushed poppies set. I bought this well before stamping platforms became a thing and used to stamp it freehand with an acrylic block. It was never a problem to line up these particular stamps but a stamping platform makes it so much easier. 

I used Brilliance pearlescent orchid, Archival plum and Versafine spanish moss. The stamens and sentiment are stamped in Versafine onyx black.

I also stamped it on the splatter background paper I used in my previous post. This time I used Archival magenta hue for the base of the flower. 




I haven't made it up into a card yet as I'm not too sure about it - the splatters look a bit like blood to me and I'm not sure it's appropriate for a sympathy card. Perhaps I should have used another sentiment? Oh well you live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...