My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 15 January 2021

Monthly Challenge - January


 This month's letter is:

                              Z for Zigzag

The colour option was Zucchini which I just about managed to get onto the postcard this month.

I had other ideas for this month's entry but then I saw an offer for a die set by Pretty Quick that looked like it had been made for this challenge. It's called the chevrons panel and is a set of 4 dies - an outline which I didn't use, an inner panel that cuts the main zigzags with the circle, a circle die and the Hello sentiment. There was also a matching stamp set that has some sentiments and a floral stamp that fits in the circle which also fell into my basket!

With the miserable weather we've been having I felt the need for some hot colours so I blended mustard seed, spiced marmalade and gathered twigs DIs onto some white card and die cut it with the chevron die. I backed it with some splatter patterned paper and used some extra paper to cut a circle which I embossed with a flower embossing folder. The 'Hello' was cut from the circle waste. I diecut some flower layers in different patterned papers and edged the petals and leaves with the same DIs. These were stacked up and curled to add dimension and a punched stamen and tiny gem added.



2 comments:

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...