My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 25 January 2020

Tropical Sunset



I'm very pleased with the way this card has turned out. I have been so out of touch with crafting for a while that my stamping ability has deteriorated badly. I bought this Crafty Individuals stamp (CI 497) in a recent sale. It's such a large detailed stamp that I didn't think it needed anything but an ombré background. I used DO's in broken china, fossilized amber, spiced marmalade, candied apple and a touch of wilted violet at the top. For me the best way to achieve a smooth gradation was to go back each time with my blending tool and use the lighter colour to blend the 2 colours together. It was a bit fiddly figuring out the exact placement of the blue for the sea but it worked out ok. I used my stamping platform and Versafine to stamp the image. I did try and lift some of the colour from the clouds with a wet brush and a tissue but it didn't work very well. I mounted it on a white card blank to finish. I'm debating whether to put a sentiment on the front (between the sun and the palm leaves) but I think it will detract from the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...