My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 4 May 2018

A Bargain from Poundland


I bought this canvas from Poundland yesterday on sale for 50p. It's @20cm/8" in size and I thought it would look nice in my new room. Last night I decided to add a few extra bits to personalise it.


Stamping directly onto the canvas was tricky so I only stamped the quotation which is by Paper Artsy. The diecuts are from TH wildflowers set. The butterflies are a magazine freebie and were stamped, coloured and cut out. The word 'Bloom' was cut from kraft card with the Sizzix brush letters die. It didn't have the impact I wanted so I coloured them in with a brown alcohol marker and gave the bottom halves of the letters a second layer of colour for a two-tone effect. I then gave the letters a couple of coats of Wink of Stella for a nice sparkle, hard to capture in a pic but this gives you an idea.

 
 
I'm very pleased with my bargain purchase and will be hanging it up shortly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...