My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 - failures and successes


Just a small end of year review of crafty events on my blog. I am pleased to have completed the Craft Barn dictionary challenge and will complete the Katzelkraft challenge as soon as I get my head around making a waterfall card. Challenges that have fallen by the wayside include the Tim Holtz tags which I just couldn't summon up the enthusiasm for half-way through the year. Much as I love my distress and alcohol inks, the subsequent stains, paints, markers and glitters were just way too much for me. Less Is More is another challenge that I would like to take part in more often than I did in 2013. I do feel that while they used to be quite strict about telling people when their cards were not CAS enough they have relaxed their rules and accepted cards that I don't feel are clean and simple under the guidelines they have given. However that is not why I haven't taken part, the cards whether CAS or not are always beautiful, I just haven't had the time.
Thanks to everyone who asked about my dog Cassie. She seems almost back to her normal noisy self, she just needs to get back into her routine.
I leave you all with a simple but bright card looking forward to a happy and healthy 2014.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you should view the fact that you didn't continue with certain challenges as being failures Rukhshana. So you dropped out of a couple of the challenges for whatever reason but other things in our lives have to take priority at times and sometimes, as you did, we lose enthusiasm for certain aspects of our crafting.That isn't failure but taking a different route, lol. Crafting should be fun, relaxing and enjoyable :)
    So glad to hear that Cassie is much better! Love this card, very cheerful and happy.
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...