My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 10 March 2013

UK Stampers ATC Swap - March


The theme for this month's ATC swap on UK Stampers is everyday things. I've seen quite a few background techniques on You Tube this weekend and thought I'd try some out. I'm sorry I can't link directly to the specific clips (they could have been by Jennibellie) but if I find them again I will add them. I decided to use some everyday things to make the BG so I covered card with some newspaper (the FT to be precise). I scribbled oil pastels over the page and then randomly added some torn bits of masking tape and some punched and embossed scraps of card ( an everyday item for any crafter!) I covered the whole sheet with PVA glue and let it dry completely. I pounced denim and raisin alcohol inks all over and then used the cap from a spray can as a stamp with Stazon. The trimming is from a reel I picked up in a charity shop and the stamp is by Crafty Individuals attached with a couple of staples. I finished off the ATCs with an eyelet.
Edited to add: This idea came from this video by Rach0113.

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! The background is awesome and the image is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ATC, beautiful background and stamped image.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are great ATCs, just love all the 'everyday' bits you have added.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background looks fabulous, gorgeous ATC! Thanks for sharing the link!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...