My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 3 March 2013

Tim Holtz Tag - March


I LOVED making this tag! It was such fun! Some months I look at Tim's tag and spend most of the month thinking about it but I saw this and started straight away. You can see the original tag here.
Instead of Easter BG paper I decided to use the spring seasonal DIs, applied randomly and spritzed with water and a gold shimmer spray. I cut a styled label in kraft card, distressed the edges and applied brushed corduroy DI. The banner (cut from the regal crest die) was given the same treatment and stamped with a homemade stamp. I don't have the bunny die but I do have the Crafty Individuals Alice Palace crowned bunnies stamp which I cut out and covered with blue glitter (and gold for the crown). Now for the grass - I sponged Adirondack meadow and Impress spring green onto some card and scored it with my Martha Stewart scoreboard. That gave me a perfect cutting guide for my strips of grass. I didn't cut the grass in a straight line to give it a more natural appearance (it usually looks like that when I cut my lawn!). The flowers and leaves were cut from a variety of  dies and punches I have and coloured with DIs - I wasn't looking for realism here more a whimsical feel. I attached them to brads and toothpick stems and anchored them in with glossy accents. Some lilac organza and blue ribbon completed the tag with a sun-shaped brad in the hole at the top. Hello Spring!

12 comments:

  1. Love the pretty colour combo and the crowned bunny looks fab on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter bunny is just adorable! Love the happy spring colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, gorgeous work, love your colours and your bunny is very special :0) hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag, love the use of the Spring colours and the bunny, very clever idea for the grass.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely cheerful Easter/spring tag - love what you have done to the bunny.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you really have done a beautiful job with this tag - the bunny is so cute and the colors wonderful. Hey!! I am now a follower and a subscriber!!! How much fun is this!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just spotted this when I came to visit your Alpha Challenge, and glad I did too as it is super. All bright and Spring like, still pondering mine. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! I love spring colours - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty and super colours they really "pop" Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag!!! Love the colours!
    You did a great job with the tag background!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...