My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 28 March 2013

Katzelkraft Inspiration March/April

For this month's inspiration challenge we were asked to use shades of green to symbolise the new growth of Spring with a touch of gold for the sun that (we hope) comes peeking through and some drops to symbolise the dew present on the ground in the morning.
I used Impress chartreuse, spring green and emerald and Archival library green for my shades of green with a few squirts of gold shimmer. The dress form is a KTZ stamp which I stamped directly onto the card and masked and the BG text is from the same plate. The splatter along the edges is by KTZ from the I am so special plate. The flowers are ready made paper ones with a Candi Dot centre and the flourishes are Marianne dies. Looking at it online I can't help feeling that something is missing even by my CAS standards. Does the BG need something else? Would ribbon help? What do you think?
Edited to add: Further to gardenpinks suggestion I stamped some more BG script.
It's amazing what a difference it makes! Thanks for the advice. 

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I rarely use green yet it can be such a pretty colour. Love the images too. I think the only thing I would add is extra BG script to the top right and lower left corners but then I'm no expert :)
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its fabulous! The greens are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your bg color,is so ethereal! The additional bg stamping really made a difference...added just that little extra..uumph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shades of green, I love stamped script backgrounds, yours looks great with the dress form stamp.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous,such a lovely colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fabulous colouring - I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the greens, just right for Spring (when it finally arrives!)

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! It is most encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...