My inky travels along life's rocky road

Monday 9 April 2012

UKS Postcard Swap April


This month's postcard swap on UK Stampers is feathered friends. Our postcards have to be able to go through the post naked so we have to be careful that anything we use is able to withstand whatever Royal Mail throws at it. I did a masking tape BG (basically small torn strips of masking tape) and then applied broken china & peeled paint DI directly on top. I sprinkled verdigris embossing powder all over and heated to melt. It sticks randomly to the masking tape. The bird and flowers are a Sizzix die. I embossed the bird and applied perfect pearls in various colours. I cut the flowers out of terracotta card and embossed a terracotta strip. The text was stamped in Stazon rusty brown and the flower in Stazon pumpkin. I added black enamel accents to the flower centres.

1 comment:

  1. this is stunning! ALL your cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...