My inky travels along life's rocky road

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Tim Holtz Tag - April


NOTICE: No extra products were purchased in the making of this tag! Well this was an interesting challenge as I had none of the elements required for the Tim Holtz April tag but I have tried to keep as true to the original as possible. The bird & branch die - nope didn't have that but I do have some tando chipboard birds and branches which I coloured with broken china and brushed corduroy DI and a felt pen for the beak. I used some Viva Croco clear crackling colour over the chipboard to add a bit of texture. His crown was hand drawn and cut out of gold card. The background was coloured with wild honey, broken china & brushed corduroy DI and stamped with Adirondack archival sepia. I got the script stamp in a grab bag so have no idea who makes it. The oval frame is a Nellie Snellen die which I embossed with the Cuttlebug textile texture folder. I masked the Crafty Individuals journey stamp in order to stamp the quote (yes my inner proof reader is telling me realise is spelt the American way and til should have either an extra l or an apostrophe before it but this tag is one big compromise) and rounded the corners to make a tag. The twine was coloured with more brushed corduroy (this is a colour I only recently invested in but it has been used a lot) and attached with a stapler. The yarn is a small piece from a charity shop find and the key is an original from our old 1930s doors. Thank you Mr Holtz - I enjoyed thinking my way around this.

7 comments:

  1. Very lovely tag Rukhshana !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty creation just love it
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you! You're participating in the TH Tags - cool. I just discovered them yesterday. May have to give it a go. I don't have the right tools either but that doesn't stop us crafters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! What a stunning tag! Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Beautiful tag, love the text and the gorgeous colours, well done, clever thinking :0)Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and serene and that aditon of thekey is inspired x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a soft pretty look for your tag. Love it. Great colors and fun background..Love the key!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...