My inky travels along life's rocky road

Saturday 29 October 2011

Craft Barn Calendar Challenge Week 8

The prompt this week is dark colours & circles. This was tricky as I had a lot of circle stamps that I could have used but I wanted the dark colour to be really dark. I also thought that the month I was doing was August and I wanted to at least pay a token nod to that fact. The Craft Barn blog this week has been featuring Katzelkraft stamps which I love so I wanted to use a Katzelkraft stamp somewhere on the page. This Katzelkraft shell stamp had a circular theme (well sort of!).  A while back I was lucky enough to attend a workshop at the Craft Barn run by BĂ©atrice the owner of Katzelkraft stamps. She taught us the technique of clear embossing on a dark background & using metallic rub-ons to highlight the image. I finished the page with a CB embossing folder and some pierced holes along the sides.

10 comments:

  1. Love the effect you get, dark, but shine and colourful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner! I love it! Did you black emboss on black or white card before you applied the metallic rub ons? it's a super technique and a great interpretation of this weeks theme! Well done! Love your blog too, mines new and like you I finally succumbed because I wanted to enter challenges etc. I'm bit of a techno-phobe though..Isabelle's a great help!!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dark background the stamp and the embossing, superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning and eyecatching page! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very beautiful ! Love the technique of metallic rub-ons : I have some and I never know how to use it, I really have to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely. Can really see the embossing and detail when you zoom in. Love how you stitched on the calendar too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have pulled it off perfectly. Love your background. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, I love the dark moody feel to your calendar page, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic calendar page. Thumbs up on the "dark feel"
    Thanks for playing
    isa

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...