My inky travels along life's rocky road

Sunday 6 September 2020

Monthly Challenge - September


 This month the letter is:

O for Owl

Colour options are orange, olive and ochre and I managed to use all of them for once.

My biggest problem was how to shoehorn my newest toy - the wreath builder - onto the postcard. I knew which set I wanted to use, the Sizzix Autumn Owls stamp and die set. It has the excruciating sentiment 'Owl always love you' but I decided to avoid that. I used the smaller of the 2 owl stamps and stamped it first in Archival tangelo bright (orange) then sepia and then I cut out the owls leaving a small border. The background was made with smooshed crushed olive DI and Archival butterscotch (ochre-ish). I used the butterscotch with a Memory Box falling leaves stencil and then used the TH rays stencil with tea dye DI over both halves. I added some narrow washi tape where the 2 halves met. The 'leaves' were made from a Sizzix die and an X Cut feather die set. I added an eyelet? washer? (can't remember what they're called) to the centre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...