My inky travels along life's rocky road

Thursday 17 September 2020

Floral Pocket Card


 I watched a Jennifer McGuire tutorial on You Tube in which she revisited embossing folders - specifically the newer 3D folders. I have a couple so decided to try out the technique she demonstrated. I used a Crafter's Companion 3D folder called Country Garden on some patterned paper left over from the card I showed in my previous post. The circular sentiment is also a left over from that project from the same Kaisercraft stamp set. The idea is you ink one side of the embossing folder (depending on if you want the background or the raised pattern) and run the folder through your machine as normal. Because the 3D folders are deeply moulded you can ink the folder directly with the ink pad - in this case I used Impress peony purple. After embossing I used Impress cupid pink on a piece of cut and dry felt and rubbed it gently over the raised areas to highlight them. The sentiment was raised on foam pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...