My inky travels along life's rocky road

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Monthly Challenge - November


 As a break from all things Christmas I finally completed my entry for the monthly alphabet challenge. The letter this month is : 

                                                                 K for Kiss

Colour options are Kelly Green and Khaki both of which are in this somewhere.

My original plan was more human-based and romantic but then I found this old frog/toad on a leaf stamp that I think I got years ago in a grab bag. Given the colour options this month a frog sounded like the perfect image and then I remembered this quote about kissing toads to find your prince. I stamped and masked the frog and leaf and then created some water and sky with DIs - tumbled glass, shabby shutters and salty ocean. The 'water' had a stencil and peacock feathers added to it to give a sort of rippling effect. The main image was coloured with Coloursoft pencils and solvent. The stitched clouds are from a Sizzix landscape set and the reeds are by Craft Emotions cut from a scrap of card. I hand cut a gold crown and printed out the quotation. Now back to Christmas...

2 comments:

  1. Brolliant! And never a truer word said! Tee hee! Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! Humour is helping me get through this.

    ReplyDelete

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...