My inky travels along life's rocky road

Friday 26 June 2020

Lockdown Cards - 17


A square card for a change (although it has scanned a bit wonky). I tend to make A6 cards but this die (Creative Expressions Square Tulip Frame) needed a square blank and this 12cm  silver blank I've had for ages was asking to be used up so win win.
I bought this die last year at Ally Pally which now seems like a lifetime away - I am missing the excitement of a Craft Show and the opportunity to browse stamps, dies, inks. I am enjoying revisiting  things I haven't used in a long time and there is the internet to keep up to date with new ideas but it's not quite the same.
Anyway back to this card. I diecut the flower and kept all the flower components discarding the background bits. I mounted the frame onto some blue cardstock and coloured the flower and leaves with alcohol markers. I fitted the coloured pieces back into the frame (I think I've seen Jennifer McGuire do this) so that the image is slightly raised from the background. I ran 2 square stitched dies through my Cuttlebug to form the outer frame - a bit fiddly but it worked ok. This is a bold and bright card and I didn't think it needed anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and value all your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...